Isle Of Anango
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Isle Of Anango

The Isle of Anango is located on Gor. Gor is a fictional Counter-Earth based on the books by John Norman. This island is Sovereign and Ruled by a Tatrix (female ruler). This community is representative of the Three Pillars, Homestone: Anango, Caste: Ini

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is Gor to me

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gazelle

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-10-08

What is Gor to me Empty
PostSubject: What is Gor to me   What is Gor to me Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 12:29 am

Essay What is Gor and Gorean philosophy.
by GazelleOf Aries

Gor...a noun which meant nothing to me five months ago, now, for me it is an allegory of life, of human relations. Gorean philosophy can be applied in every parts of our life because life is made by dom and sub relationship and often, to give everything to someone is the most perfect way to show our love.The Gorean philosophy is the perfect way to denounce the fact that being dependant to someone, or to have someone who depends on us is an important part of human being.

Earth history shows that in every times pepole has tried to uprise against every form of hegemony, of domination over them. This struggles is obvious concerning the relations between men and women. Indeed, the women has fightened agaisnt the domination of men in the society for years. Maybe it is the reason why Noman chose another planet, located at the opposite of earth, behind the sun to plant his strory, to describe this civilation... The location is a way to show how much the two world are pole apart, in each part of the sun, its gives to the author the distance necessary to paint a word totally different to ours but with historicals similarities.( world antic). Indeed Gor can represent the oppositeof our worl or an alternative of our evolution because they can be from our point of view be evolued or old, its depends on the sides of the society. The story of Noman remains me the Masterchief of Bougainvilliers, a french author called "Voyage a Otaïti".Actually like Bougainvilliers, Noman uses a fiction, an imaginary world to criticize the world wher we live, its morals and valiews whiches are often without any foundements and wiches not enable any oppositions. The common sense goes often against the "natural sense" it is all the problematic between nature and civilisation.

At first sight we can sa that there is a gap between the earth "way of life" and the Gorean one. In efect, the Gor way of life is based on inegalities, on differences, between Free and slaves, and between the diffeents categories of Free and of slaves ( the cast system).Noman can be acused to make the apology of the inegality whereas our world's ideal is to erase them .c An ideal? an aim never reached.But despite of this conception inegality, domination, submission are a kind of fantaisie for us.por example , if we want to apply the Gorean kajira in our modern society it will be choking and denunced by a lot of women...In my mind women have to free theirself not from thedomination of men, but of the domination of common sense and morals wiches present a submissive woman like a weak one. In my way there in strong in the wilingness of a Gorean slave, his subordination and abandonement, the fact for someone to give up his power over himself, his freedom to someone else is a very poetic and beautiful way to show his love, his attachement, his trust, his faith...
Back to top Go down
Gazelle

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-10-08

What is Gor to me Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is Gor to me   What is Gor to me Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 1:04 am

[quote="Gazelle"]Essay What is Gor and Gorean philosophy.
by GazelleOf Aries

Gor...a noun which meant nothing to me five months ago, now, for me it is an allegory of life, of human relationship. Gorean philosophy can be applied in every parts of our life because life is made by dom and sub relationship and often, to give everything to someone is the most perfect way to show our love.The Gorean philosophy is a way to denounce the fact that being dependant to someone, or to have someone who depends on us is an important part of human being althrought dependance is considered as something negative in our society.

Earth history shows that in every times pepole has tried to uprise against every form of hegemony, of domination over them. This struggle is obvious concerning the relations between men and women. Indeed, the women has fightened agaisnt the domination of men in the society for years. Maybe it is the reason why Noman chose another planet, located at the opposite of earth, behind the sun to plant his strory, to describe this civilation... The location highlights how much the two worlds are poles apart, in each side of the sun, its gives to the author the distance necessary to paint a word totally different to ours but with historicals similarities.( world antic). Indeed Gor can represent the opposite of our world or an alternative of our evolution because they can be from our point of view be evolued or old, its depends on the sides of the society. The story of Noman remembers me the Masterchief of Bougainvilliers, a french author called "Voyage a Otaïti". Actually like Bougainvilliers, Noman uses a fiction, an imaginary world to criticize the world wher we live, its morals and valiews whiches are often without any foundements and wiches not enable any oppositions. The common sense goes often against the "natural sense" it is all the problematic between nature and civilisation. The nature is full of inegalities and the "struggle for life" is the leitmotiv whereas the society, the modern society, tries with the help of the law and the lobbying to erase every kind of inegalities. From this point of view we can ask to ourslef wiches is the most realistic, Gor where inegalities are the corner stone of the society, and where slavery is admitted ? Or our society where inegalities are forbidden but where they increase day by day?

At first sight we can sa that there is a gap between the earth "way of life" and the Gorean one. In efect, the Gor way of life is based on inegalities, on differences, between Free and slaves, and between the diffeents categories of Free and of slaves ( the cast system).Noman can be acused to make the apology of the inegality whereas our world's ideal is to erase them .c An ideal? an aim never reached.But despite of this conception inegality, domination, submission are a kind of fantaisie for us.por example , if we want to apply the Gorean kajira in our modern society it will be choking and denunced by a lot of women...In my mind women have to free theirself not from the domination of men, but of the domination of common sense and morals wiches present a submissive woman like a weak one:they have the choice to be ar not to be submissives or slaveswithout being judge by thecommon sense. In my way there in strong in the wilingness of a Gorean slave, his subordination and abandonement, the fact for someone to give up his power over himself, his freedom to someone else is a very poetic and beautiful way to show his love, his attachement, his trust, his faith...
On earth, in our modern society, love, true love can enable us to do that kind of sacrifices without any doubt ad in a very natural way.
Back to top Go down

What is Gor to me
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Isle Of Anango :: the Kajira Kennels :: Essays-
Jump to: