Isle Of Anango
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Isle Of Anango

The Isle of Anango is located on Gor. Gor is a fictional Counter-Earth based on the books by John Norman. This island is Sovereign and Ruled by a Tatrix (female ruler). This community is representative of the Three Pillars, Homestone: Anango, Caste: Ini

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Free Woman Behavior

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tatrix Lady Aasiyah
Admin
Tatrix Lady Aasiyah

Number of posts : 391
Registration date : 2009-01-02

Free Woman Behavior Empty
PostSubject: Free Woman Behavior   Free Woman Behavior Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 6:07 am

Free Woman and Behaviour
On Gor was the Free Woman a timid withdrawn shivering carcass or a brash outspoken type of person who had no real qualms about pushing a Males buttons to the limits.

I would really like people opinions on this.

This was raised because of a Post I read where a FW was deemed too OUTSPOKEN.

replied on: 9/1/2008 11:20:00 PM FW were not timid they were held in the upmost respect, they had no reason to hide and remain silent. They said what they wanted as long as it didnt make them appear slavish. I think the book version of gorean FM had brouder shoulders then what we typically see in situations where people react to a FWs mouth. FM allowed FW to be bold and speak their mind. For a man to lose his temper over words shows a lack of self control and discipline that FM must have. It would have made them look foolish and weak to jump at a FW as if her words alone were some kind of threat to him. The only thing I recall seeing was something about a FM gagging a FW because she irritated him, but I do not recall him harming her for it.

I dont know what the situation was You are reffering to...if the FW was discussing things FW have no business knowing about, then perhaps I could understand that. If she were just telling someone where to go, thats different to.
Britton

In the book Marauders there is a perfect example of how very NOT timid an FW could be. The woman of Svein Bluetooth. . .Bera.
She was a haughty woman who scorned Svein and the goingson of his men.

Talena was also and OUTSPOKEN woman.

Women from all the books if they were free showed some sort of spirit or (help us all) hostility of a nature.
Though I will have to say that most of those women were brought to their knees in the end.
While I might agree that FW were respected they were only given respect based on what they had earned. Those that did not hold their tongues and acted out of place were dealt with swiftly and dispatched to steel.
Well thought out conversation and polite rapport would undoubtedly be a safe measure.
It is true that FW were respected and allowed to be outspoken, It is one of their freedoms, unless men, of course, should decide to take it from them.

quote:“You are no true man!” she said.
I then stood up before her. She looked up at me, puzzled, I then, after regarding her for a time, suddenly, with the back of my hand, struck her fiercely back from the mat, she twisting and falling back, flung to the side from her knees, almost half on her feet for an instant, then losing her balance, then falling back into the trash at the side of the wall. She, from the midst of the garbage, half on her side, looked at me wildly, her hand at her mouth, blood between her fingers. I pointed to the mat. “Here,” I said. “Kneel.” She hastened back to the mat and knelt before me. She looked up at me in wonder, blood at her mouth. She had been cuffed. “Did you strike me because I challenged your manhood?” she asked. “I did not really mean it. It is only that I was terribly angry. I did not think.”
“You were not struck for such an absurd reason,” I said. “You are, after all, a free woman, and free women are entitled to insult, and to attempt to demean and destroy men. It is one of their freedoms,
unless men, of course, should decide to take it from them. You were struck, rather, because you were attempting to manipulate me.”
She nodded, putting her head down.
“Do you recognize your guilt, and the suitability of your punishment?” I asked.
“Yes,” she said.
Mercenaries of Gor Book 21 Page 422

Everyone is a pacifist between wars. Its like being a vegetarian between meals.

Last edited by Tatrix Lady Aasiyah on Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:56 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://islandofanango.forumotion.net
Tatrix Lady Aasiyah
Admin
Tatrix Lady Aasiyah

Number of posts : 391
Registration date : 2009-01-02

Free Woman Behavior Empty
PostSubject: Free Woman and Behaviour   Free Woman Behavior Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 6:08 am

Free Woman and Behavior

"......unless FM decided to take if from them" but I dont think that FM did that arbitrarily I think it was only because of extreme (and that is reletive to gor) provocation. Lets take a look........

Sorry for the extremely long quote here I dont for the most part get into direct quotes I prefer to paraphrase but this one goes into detail on the escalating nature of the confrontation that ultimatley ended in a collar for the Lady Constance.

The journey from Port Kar north had been long.
I felt in a good humor.
Besides the women and the draft slaves, the latter chained by the wrists and neck to the sedan chair, there were seven warriors, six spearmen and their captain.
I walked about the edge of the pond, to meet them. They were approaching the pond, presumably to draw water.
I waited, standing, my helmet over my back, my shield behind my left shoulder, leaning on my spear.
The retinue stopped, seeing me. Then, at a gesture from the robed figure in white, it proceeded again. It stopped some fifteen feet from me.
"Tal," said I, lifting my right hand to them, palm facing the left.
They did not respond.
The captain stepped forth. They did not seem then to me to be pleasant fellows.
"Who are you?" asked the captain.
"One who has greeted you," I said.
"Tal," said he, lifting his hand.
"Tal," I rejoined.
"We have seen nothing of the sport slave," he said.
"I do not hunt him," I said.
"Where is your tharlarion?" asked one of the men.
"I have none," I said.
"Do not block our way," said the captain.
"I mean you no harm," I said. "I greet you in peace and friendship."
"Who are you?" asked the captain.
"I am one who is of the warriors," I said. "And I am a traveler, a visitor now in this country."
"What is your business?" he asked.
"It lies in the north," I said.
"He is a brigand from the forests north of Laura," said the lady.
"No, Lady," said I, deferentially. I inclined my head to her, for she was free, and obviously of high station.
"You have been greeted," she said, icily. "Now stand aside."
I thought her tone surly.
I did not move.
"This is the retinue of Constance, Lady in Kassau, enroute to Lydius, returning from the sights of Ar."
"She must be rich," I said. Surely this was true, for her to travel as she did, not in public caravan.
"Stand aside," said the captain.
"A moment, Captain," said I. I looked to the free woman. "I am a man, dear lady," said I, "and am of the warriors. I have journeyed far."
"I do not understand," she said.
"I assume," said I, "that you will linger briefly here, to fill the flasks of water, if not camp for the night."
"What does he want?" she asked.
"He is of the warriors, milady," said the captain.
"Forgive me, Lady," said I, "but my need is much upon me."
The two slave girls, bare-armed and veiled, quickly glanced to one another.
"I do not understand," said the graceful figure in the sedan chair. She was free.
I grinned at her. "I have food," I said. "I have water. But I have not had for four days a woman."
She stiffened. The night before I had left Port Kar I had had Vella sent naked to my room. I had used her ruthlessly several times, before sleeping and, early in the morning, when I had awakened. "Take me with you," she had begged. "So that you might with another Bertram of Lydius," I asked, "conspire against me?" "He tricked me, Master," she wept. "He tricked me." "I should have you lashed to within an inch of your life, Slave Girl," I had told her. "I am innocent, Master," she had wept I had then turned my back on her and left her, naked, chained in the furs at the foot of my couch.
But that had been four days ago
I gestured to the two girls with the free woman. One of them slightly lowered her veil.
"I will pay well for the use of one of these slaves," I said to the free woman.
"They are my personal slaves," she said.
"I will give a silver tarsk for the brief use of one, either that you might indicate," I said.
The warriors looked at one another. The offer was quite generous. It was unlikely that either of the girls would bring so much on the block.
"No," said the free woman, icily.
"Permit me then to buy one," I said, "for a golden tarn."
The men looked at one another, the draft slaves, too. Such a coin would fetch from the block a beauty fit for the gardens of a Ubar.
"Stand aside," said the free woman.
I inclined my head. "Very well, Lady," said I. I moved to one side.
"I deem myself to have been insulted," she said.
"Forgive me, Lady," said I, "but such was not my intent If I have done or said aught to convey that impression, however minutely, I extend to you now the deepest and most profound of apologies and regrets."
I stepped back further, to permit the retinue to pass.
"I should have you beaten," she said.
"I have greeted you in peace and friendship," I said. I spoke quietly.
"Beat him," she said.
I caught the arm of the captain. His face turned white. "Have you raised your arm against me?" I asked.
I released his aim, and he staggered back. Then he slung his shield on his arm, and unsheathed the blade slung at his left hip.
"What is going on!" demanded the woman.
"Be silent, foolish woman," said the captain.
She cried out with rage. But what did she know of the codes?
I met his attack, turning it, and he fell, shield loose, at my feet. I had not chosen to kill him.
"Aiii!" cried one of the draft slaves.
"Kill him! Kill him!" cried the free woman. The slave girls screamed.
Men shouted with rage.
"Who is next?" I asked.
They looked at one another.
"Help me," said the captain. Two of the men went to him and lifted him, bleeding, to his feet. He looked at me, held between his men.
I stood ready.
He looked at me, and grinned. "You did not kill me," he said.
I shrugged.
"I am grateful," he said.
I inclined my head.
"Too," said he, "I know the skills of my men. They are not poor warriors, you understand."
"I am sure they are not," I said.
"I do not choose to spend them," he said. He looked at me. "You are a tarnsman," he said.
"Yes," I said.
"I thought it would be so," he said. He looked at me. "I give you greetings of the caste of warriors," he said.
"Tal," said I.
"Tal," said he.
"Kill him!" cried the free woman. "Kill him!"
"You have wronged this man," said the captain. "And he has labored within the permissions of his codes."
"I order you to kill him!" cried the free woman, pointing to me.
"Will you permit us to pass, Warrior?" asked the captain.
"I am afraid, under the circumstances," I said, "that is no longer possible."
He nodded. "Of course not," he said.
"Kill him!" cried the free woman.
"We are six now who can fight," said the captain. "It is true that we might kill him. I do not know. But never have I crossed swords with one such as he. There is a swiftness, a sorcery, a savageness in his steel which in a hundred fights to the death I have never encountered. And yet I now stand alive beside your chair to explain this to you, who are incapable of understanding it."
"He is outnumbered," she pointed out.
"How many will he kill?" asked the captain.
"None, of course!" she cried.
"I have crossed steel with him, Lady," said the captain. "Do not explain to me the nature of swordplay and odds." He looked to his men. "Do you wish to fall upon him, Lads?" he asked, smiling wryly.
"Command us, and we shall attack," said one of the men.
I thought their discipline good.
The captain shook his head ruefully. "I have crossed steel with him, Lads," said he. "We shall withdraw."
"No!" screamed the free woman.
The captain turned, supported by two men.
"Cowards!" she cried.
The captain turned to face her. "I am not a coward, Lady," said he. "But neither am I a fool."
"Cowards!" she cried.
"Before I send men against one such as he," said the officer, "it will be to defend a Home Stone."
"Coward! Cowards!" she screamed.
"I have crossed steel with him," said the captain. He then, held between his men, withdrew. More than one of them cast glances at me over their shoulder. But none, I think, wished to return to do contest.
I resheathed the blade.
"Turn about," said the free woman to the draft slaves. She would follow the retreating warriors.
"Do not turn about," I said to them.
They obeyed me. The sedan chair stayed as it was. "Why did you not kill them?" asked one of the draft slaves.
"You were of the warriors?" I asked.
"Yes," said he.
"It seems not fitting you should be chained to a lady’s chair," I said.
He grinned, and shrugged.
"Will you not permit me to withdraw, Warrior?" asked the free woman.
"These seem fine fellows," I said. "Doubtless you have the key to these chains in your possessions."
"Yes," she said.
"Give it to her," said I, indicating one of the slave girls. This was done, and, at my gesture, the girl freed the draft slaves.
They rubbed their wrists, and moved their heads, no longer in the iron circle of the collars.
The sedan chair rested still on their shoulders. They looked at me, well pleased.
"I will let you have the use of one of the girls for a silver tarsk," said the free woman.
I looked up at her. "It is a bit late for that, my dear Lady Constance," I said.
"I will sell one of them to you for a golden tarn," she said.
"That seems a high price to ask for a slave girl," I said.
She lifted up her veiled head. "You may have the use of one or both for free," she said.
"Lady Constance is generous," I said.
She did not lower her head to so much as glance upon me. "I give them to you," she said.
"Lower the chair," I said to the draft slaves. The chair was lowered.
"Free them," I said, indicating the draft slaves.
They stood about her, looking at her. She sat nervously in the chair. "You are free," she said. "You are free."
They grinned, and did not move.
"You may go," she said. "You are free."
I nodded to them and, together, grinning and striking one another in their pleasure, they withdrew. One remained for a moment. "My thanks, Warrior," he said.
"It is nothing," said I, "—Warrior."
He grinned, and turned, hurrying after the others.
The two slave girls looked at one another.
"Remove your veils," said the free woman.
The two girls pulled away their veils. Both were pretty.
I smiled at them. They blushed, basking in my smile.
"They are yours, of course, if you wish," said the free woman, gesturing with her head to the two girls.
One of the girls looked at me, and I nodded.
"No!" cried the free woman. One of the girls had lifted aside the first of the free woman’s veils, and the other had brushed back the first of her hoods.
"No!" cried the free woman. Then, despite her protest, the first girl drew aside the last veil which concealed her features, and the second girl brushed back the final hood, revealing her hair, which was blond. The free woman’s blue eyes looked at me, frightened. She had been face-stripped. I saw that she was beautiful.
"Stand," I said to her.
She stood.
"I will pay you well to conduct me to safety," she said. Her lip trembled.
"If the beauty of your body matches that of your face," I said, "it is the collar for you."
"It will be the collar for her, Master!" cried one of the slave girls, delightedly:
"Fina!" cried the free woman.
"Forgive me, Mistress!" said the girl.
The two girls lifted aside the free woman’s robes, until she stood displayed before me.
I walked about her. "Yes," I said, "it is the collar for you, Lady Constance."
"Daphne! Fina!" cried the free woman. "Protect me!"
"Do you not know enough to kneel before your master, foolish slave?" chided Fina.
Numbly the Lady Constance knelt.
"In my belongings, over there," I said to one of the girls, she called Daphne, "there is a collar. Bring it."
"Yes, Master," she cried happily, running to where I had indicated, a place beside a small tree some fifty yards from the pond. I had made a temporary camp there, while awaiting the return of the tarn. I scanned the skies. It was not in sight.
"On your hands and knees, head down," I said to the Lady Constance.
She assumed this posture, her blond hair hanging forward, downward, over her head.
I roughly collared her and she sank moaning to her stomach in the grass.
I then tied the hands of the two slave girls behind their backs and knelt them by the sedan chair. I then took what valuables and moneys there were in the chair, kept in the cabinets at its sides, and slung them, some scarfed and others placed in pouches, about the necks of the two slave girls. I was surprised. The owner of the chair had been rich indeed. There was a fortune there, and the notes for other fortunes. I would keep none of this. I had what I wanted. She lay collared in the grass.

Beasts of Gor~
Back to top Go down
https://islandofanango.forumotion.net

Free Woman Behavior
Page 1 of 1